Logging in

Colin Osborne

Jun 30, 2016, 5:46:37 AM6/30/16
to Met Office WOW
Sorry guys, but I am giving up.
I finally managed to get onto the new site, entered the filters, clicked save... no chance! Looked in the top right corner, ah! need to Log-in, up comes the log-in page, enter details..... ERROR!
Tried it a few times to no avail, I've got rid of all the 'cookies', even re-set the browsing history and re-started the browser.
How on earth can I not be logged in when I can access my site, yet it has 'login' in the corner.
So, that's it. I'm frustrated and disillusioned. No more for me, thanks.
I wish everyone else all the best!
Colin.

wow

Jun 30, 2016, 5:53:23 AM6/30/16
to Colin Osborne, Met Office WOW

Hi Colin

Can I ask which browser you are/were using?

We have identified an issue with Firefox which we are fixing at the moment.

After the first attempt of logging in through the myservices link all future logins should go straight to WOW and login direct through WOW.

The firefox issue is as follows as identified by a user:

Deleted both the metoffice.co.uk and wow.metoffice.co.uk cookies and restarted Firefox.

At this login screen (from the link top-right on the WOW map) https://dplogon.metoffice.gov.uk/sso/UI/Login  I can enter my Username and Password but if I also click Stay Logged In the fields just blank and I stay on that screen.

If I then re-enter username and password but don’t check Stay Logged In I get the error sent in my previous email – An error has occurred.

I then close Firefox, delete the 2 cookies and restart Firefox. Load my WOW data page and click Login.

This time without clicking Stay Logged In it takes me to a second screen…

cid:image003.png@01D1D161.2C8C9A60

And if I check Save Consent and click Allow I’m then logged in. The problem appears to be with that Stay Logged In option. It messes things up certainly on Firefox.

Many Thanks
Maria

Maria Dorothy
Project Manager - Observations
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: 07920767336
E-mail: maria....@metoffice.gov.uk

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Colin Osborne

Jul 1, 2016, 6:47:38 AM7/1/16
to Met Office WOW
Hi, Maria,
Yes, I am using Firefox. thanks for the heads-up. I will try once more using the info in your reply and see what happens. It will not be until the weekend, but I'll let you know how I get on.
Many thanks, Colin, MW0OZI

wow

Jul 1, 2016, 6:54:29 AM7/1/16
to Colin Osborne, Met Office WOW

Thanks Colin

If you make sure you dont click stay logged in anywhere it will take you through to the Allow/Deny screen. Click Allow and then you will be logged in.

Your site will then be showing under the My Sites section.