WOW slowly improving but still a long way to go.

westhillman

Jul 8, 2016, 3:04:45 PM7/8/16
to Met Office WOW
The multitude of errors that new WOW was born with are slowly being whittled down, not before time. However, two glaring problems persist, map memory (lack of) and latest data (out of date). The fact that the WOW map is unable to show the latest info is unforgiveable. Data can be up to two hours out of date, compare this with Wunderground, arguably the market leader, which updates its data every few seconds.

wow

Jul 9, 2016, 6:21:07 AM7/9/16
to westhillman, Met Office WOW, Adam Szabo

Hi

Thank you for your email.

We are updating WOW currently to pull through the very latest data like the previous version did.

We are working on resolving all the other issues as soon as we can.

Many Thanks
Maria

Maria Dorothy
Project Manager - Observations
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: 07920767336
E-mail: maria....@metoffice.gov.uk

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/