docs.merengueproject.org and dev.merengueproject.org down

Clemens Kaposi

Jul 24, 2012, 9:52:58 AM7/24/12
to merengue-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Being lazy with reinventing the wheel, I am in search of a non-bloated Python-powered CMS and wanted to get started with Merengue.  However, the links to “Documentation” and “Development” on the home page are dead.  Also, as activity in this group seems to be low lately, I am wondering whether this project will continue to be maintained.  Sadly, the Python CMS landscape is littered with abandoned software, and it would be a pity if it hit this project, too, since the demo leaves a very promising impression.

Cheers,
Clemens

Victoriano Giralt

Jul 26, 2012, 7:36:30 AM7/26/12
El 24/07/12 15:52, Clemens Kaposi escribió:
> Hi,
Hi.

I'll answer as one of the main "instigators" of Merengue and a member of
the organisation that has funded a good part of its recent development.

> Being lazy with reinventing the wheel, I am in search of a non-bloated
Wheel reinventing has never been an entertaining activity :) ;)

> Python-powered CMS and wanted to get started with Merengue. However, the
> links to “Documentation” and “Development” on the home page are dead.

> Also, as activity in this group seems to be low lately, I am wondering
It has been really quite, that's true, may be there are not so many bugs or
that the main team has been distracted with customer induced activities.

> whether this project will continue to be maintained. Sadly, the Python CMS
It will be maintained and developed. We are getting ready behind the scenes
to open a big Merengue based web site RSN.

> landscape is littered with abandoned software, and it would be a pity if it
> hit this project, too, since the demo leaves a very promising impression.
I, for one, will try to assure this will not happen.

--
Victoriano Giralt Central ICT Services
Systems Manager University of Malaga
> Q: Are you sure ?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email ?

signature.asc

Clemens Kaposi

Jul 26, 2012, 8:20:37 AM7/26/12
Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012 13:36:30 UTC+2 schrieb Victoriano Giralt:
> whether this project will continue to be maintained.  Sadly, the Python CMS
It will be maintained and developed. We are getting ready behind the scenes
to open a big Merengue based web site RSN.

> landscape is littered with abandoned software, and it would be a pity if it
> hit this project, too, since the demo leaves a very promising impression.
I, for one, will try to assure this will not happen.

Thanks for the heads-up, Victoriano.  This is great news.  All the best for your endeavors!