broken install process

Philip Cooper

Aug 28, 2012, 1:33:51 AM8/28/12
to merengue-...@googlegroups.com

I really really want to recommend Merengue for a large project but I just can't give a mangement demo as the current installs are broken. I've installed merengue on multiple machines in different configuraions and in all of them, admin pages all break on rendering pages with inline editing
The error is:

inplace_css takes 1 arguments

Request Method: GET
Django Version: 1.3.1
Exception Type: TemplateSyntaxError
Exception Value:

inplace_css takes 1 arguments

Exception Location: /home/phil/venv/merengue/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/template/base.py in generic_tag_compiler, line 810

<snip>

Template error

In template /home/phil/cmsfarm/mermer/plugins/core/templates/core/panels/inplaceedit.html, error at line 39

{% inplace_css %}
I've tried downversioning django and django-inlineediting but I'm just guessing and I'm running out of time. If anyone could just tell me what version of the dependencies (assuming that is the problem) or what to put in the "offending template line" of the template I could be back on track.

Is this system ready for a large site deployment??  Looks good but I can't tell yet.

Thanks
--
Phil Cooper

Jorge Correa Herrero

Aug 28, 2012, 3:15:59 AM8/28/12
to merengue-...@googlegroups.com

2012/8/28 Philip Cooper <philip...@openvest.com>

You installed django-inlineediting we don´t use this product you need to install django_inplace edit from pypi http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-inplaceedit/

I hope that help you.

Jorge correa herrero
Yaco Sistemas S.L. | http://www.yaco.es
C/ Rioja 5, 41001 Sevilla (España)
Teléfono: (+34) 954 50 00 57 | Fax (+34) 954 50 09 29

Victoriano Giralt

Aug 28, 2012, 3:35:17 AM8/28/12
On 08/28/2012 07:33 AM, Philip Cooper wrote:

> I really really want to recommend Merengue for a large project but I
As one of the main Merengue "instigators", I'm very happy to read this.

> Is this system ready for a large site deployment?? Looks good but I
> can't tell yet.
It better should!! I have bet the house on it for running our University
main website that will go live soon and sponsored a big part of the
development :)

--
Victoriano Giralt Central ICT Services
Systems Manager University of Malaga
> Q: Are you sure ?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email ?

signature.asc

Philip Cooper

Aug 28, 2012, 10:20:27 AM8/28/12
to merengue-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick response...makes me feel good about making a recommendation.

My apologies but mistyped  when i referencee django-inlineediting.   I do have: django-inplaceedit==0.86

using virtualenv and pip for dependencies, the current  Merengue version will not work (the inline stuff that is).  It is in fact django-inplaceedit that I hypothesized was the issue and I tried older versions all they way back to 0.74 (the required ver) but to no avail.

Currently, I've replaced
{% inplace_css %}
with
{% inplace_css " " %}

I don't get the error but I also don't get the inline edit features. I know this is still wrong, I just can't find the right combo on dependencies to make it right.

--
Phil

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:16:01 AM UTC-4, Jorge Correa Herrero wrote:

2012/8/28 Philip Cooper <philip...@openvest.com>

.....The error is:

inplace_css takes 1 arguments

<snip>

Template error

In template /home/phil/cmsfarm/mermer/plugins/core/templates/core/panels/inplaceedit.html, error at line 39

{% inplace_css %}
I've tried downversioning django and django-inlineediting but I'm just guessing and I'm running out of time. If anyone could just tell me what version of the dependencies (assuming that is the problem) or what to put in the "offending template line" of the template I could be back on track.

You installed django-inlineediting we don´t use this product you need to install django_inplace edit from pypi http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-inplaceedit/

I hope that help you.

Emilio Jimenez

Sep 5, 2012, 8:41:09 AM9/5/12
to merengue-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip, We are fixing this error in django-inplaceedit egg, while we have frozen the egg to version 0.74 [1] of merengue requirements.txt. If you update code and install merengue (python setup.py install) and start a new project again (merengue-admin.py startproject myproject), yo shoud have no problems.

Don't forget that you must run "./manage.py sync_apps_media --link" to enable inline edition in merengue toolbar. See http://docs.merengueproject.org/topics/install.html#collecting-media-from-installed-django-applications

Regards.

--
Emilio J. Jiménez del Moral
Yaco Sistemas S.L. | http://www.yaco.es