On running VBS file throws 'Permission Denied Error'

Venkat Kandula

Dec 16, 2013, 9:18:22 AM12/16/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
Hi All,

On running my VBS file, throws 'Permission Denied Error'. This error is not occurring in all the machines but in few. In code we're creating Environment Variables and setting the values respectively. We've checked all the permissions of the file; all as Admin (with all rights).

Please find the attchement for reference.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks,
Venkat.
VBS-Issue.png

Ganesh muralidharan

Dec 16, 2013, 9:32:22 AM12/16/13
to mercuryqtp, rajes...@gmail.com
Is this a Windows 7 machine?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.

Regards,

Ganesh Muralidharan
'God Never Forgets'

Venkat Kandula

Dec 16, 2013, 10:24:14 AM12/16/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
Yes Ganesh..

Ravi kiran

Dec 17, 2013, 8:11:40 AM12/17/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
I think that is related to IE

  •  Navigate to IEà Toolsà Internet OptionsàSecurityà Local IntranetàClick on Sites
  •  Click on the advanced Button
  •  Add the shared drive IP: as shown below and click on close

Ravi kiran

Dec 17, 2013, 8:13:22 AM12/17/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com

Navigate to IEà Toolsà Internet OptionsàSecurityà Local IntranetàClick on Sites

Click on the advanced Button

Add the IP address of folder location :if it is shared drive, need to give IP address of shared drive

QTP

Dec 20, 2013, 1:16:41 AM12/20/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
Hi Venkat,

It seems you are trying to create a system env variable. it requires admin privilege to create system environment variable.
You can create create user env var without admin privilege.

Varun Tomar

Dec 26, 2013, 4:27:07 AM12/26/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
Dear Friend,

The first internet portal "www.HireDoor.com" which give you freedom to hire as much as possible and find work with no limit across the world.

The basic advantages of portal are:-

1. No cost at all.Totally free.

2. No conditions of type of Use.Use as you like.

a. Work as freelancer.

b. Find Jobs.

c. Post Jobs.

3. No Rescritions limit to use on monthly basis.

4. Share your Personal information.No need to give any mediation fees or charge.

5. Less Than one minute registration with your email address only.

Go through the link "Howitswork" if you find any problem.

You can give any feed back by link "feed back" or directly mail us "hire...@gmail.com".

Best of Luck,

Hire Door Email Support Team

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.

Regards

Varun Tomar

udayanem

Dec 27, 2013, 11:04:42 PM12/27/13
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
Why are intend to create environmental variable from WScript.Shell? I dont see you are trying to get any process or system level variables in your code.

So can directly create environment variables by using "Environment("var name").

If you want to go with your way with WScript's environmental variable, please refer this link which tells you what type of Env variables you have to use.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee156595.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Uday

QTP Tutorialnet

Jan 12, 2014, 8:21:54 PM1/12/14
to mercu...@googlegroups.com, rajes...@gmail.com
I agree with QTP. Also, maybe you are trying to write a value to a variable that does not exist, can you check if this exists?