Issue with Browser().Navigate()

viniani

Feb 12, 2008, 8:08:49 AM2/12/08
to QTP - Mercury Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Below is the code i am using:

WebUtil.DeleteCookies

SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe", "URL1"

Browser("").Sync
Browser("").Page("micClass:=Page").Sync

Browser("").Navigate "URL2"
------------------------------

i need to perform some action on URL1 and then navigate to URL2. QTP
opens URL1, performs the required action but does not open URL2.

It does not perform the Navigate operation though the test result
mentions that test step as pass.

Csongor

Feb 12, 2008, 12:33:19 PM2/12/08
to QTP - Mercury Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Viniani,

For starters, you need to specify which Browser object to use, you
can't leave the description blank or "".

I would highly recommend that you read the basic documentation and
tutorials of QuickTest Pro. They cover the question asked by you. If
after reading that documentation you still have questions you can post
them here.

Open the "Mercury QuickTest Professional Tutorial" help file as it is
very useful.

Csongor

Srinivas Pavuluru

Feb 12, 2008, 2:03:51 PM2/12/08
to Mercu...@googlegroups.com, vinith...@gmail.com
Hi

Use the following code. It works..

Browser("name:=.*").Sync
Browser("name:=.*").Page("micClass:=Page").Sync

Browser("name:=.*","creationtime:=1").Navigate "URL2"

--
With Regards
Srinivas P

vinitha anish

Feb 14, 2008, 9:14:06 AM2/14/08
to Mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i do know abt the browser, have been working with QTP for almost 2 years now. It was a client specific browser so i removed the same.

Actually this code i mentioned about the "Navigate", used to work fine when we had the QTP 8.0 version, year back we had the 8.2 installed and from then on it does not work.

Till now, We used to use the CreateObject function, make an object for IE and then use the navigate. Recently we are facing issues in the same.
Some times even after a sync, QTP recognises the browser invoked with the CreateObject function as a window object and not as a web browser.

Hence we plan to go back to Browser().Navigate issue and resolve the same.