Ron Johnston

Doug Fluetsch

Aug 24, 2015, 5:33:28 PM8/24/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com

Hey –

Did anyone hear of an incident involving Ron Johnston (Pacific Landscape) over the weekend while riding up in the Mariposa area.  I have heard it was fatality. I hope it wasn’t.

fandb1912logo

Doug Fluetsch

President

T (209) 722-1541

F (209) 723-8189

www.fandb1912.com

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

image001.png

David Doll

Aug 24, 2015, 5:41:18 PM8/24/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com
Doug,
 I dont know if it was Ron, but here is a news clip about a cyclist fatality killed by a drunk driver: Hit and Run Injuries Claim Life of Merced Bicyclist in Mariposa County

image

Hit and Run Injuries Claim Life of Merced Bicyclist in M...
Hit and Run Injuries Claim Life of Merced Bicyclist in Mariposa County
Preview by Yahoo

So sad,

Nutt, Kim

Aug 24, 2015, 5:59:16 PM8/24/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com

Oh my goodness – I sure hope not, too.

Ugh, I feel sick.   Not even good to think about, no matter who it is.

Kim Nutt

Jason Liske

Aug 24, 2015, 6:01:50 PM8/24/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com
What a tragedy, no matter who. Hope it wasn’t Ron.

Could have been any of us.

On Monday, August 24, 2015 2:45 PM, Doug Fluetsch <do...@fandb1912.com> wrote:

Hey –

Did anyone hear of an incident involving Ron Johnston (Pacific Landscape) over the weekend while riding up in the Mariposa area.  I have heard it was fatality. I hope it wasn’t.

<image001.png>
Doug Fluetsch
President
T (209) 722-1541

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

RICK EVANS

Aug 24, 2015, 6:35:07 PM8/24/15
to Cycling
It's not Ron Phelps, he's 54.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Jason Liske" <ja...@redwooddesign.com>
Date:Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 3:01 PM

CyclingEconomist

Aug 24, 2015, 11:31:36 PM8/24/15
to Merced Cycling
I have been trying to figure out who it was!  It was a fatal DUI Hit-n-run.

:(

Damn it!!!

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article32144898.html

fishingfool72

Aug 25, 2015, 3:34:22 PM8/25/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com
I work with a guy who had lunch with Ron Johnson last week, & he confirmed it was indeed him that was hit and killed  in Mariposa on Sunday.  Terrible.

Aug 25, 2015, 4:37:11 PM8/25/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com

Uggh.  Not what any of us want to hear, but at least it’s confirmation.

If anyone finds out funeral details, please post them here for all.

Maybe I’m overly emotional right now with this news, but just want to say, I miss you guys.  Crap like this makes you value what you have in your life, ya know?  Things can change in an instant.  I appreciate all of you, even if I can’t ride with you on account of being so damned busy with life.

Kim

RICK EVANS

Aug 25, 2015, 4:41:18 PM8/25/15
to merced-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Ben.  Saddened by the new.