Memphis Java User Group Meeting, Thursday Nov. 19th 6:30 pm at Cowork Memphis

dlissner

Nov 10, 2015, 4:22:54 PM11/10/15
to Memphis Java User Group
Greetings Java developers!

It's time again for the Memphis Java User Group. Join us for food, networking and learning. We will be meeting Thursday, November 19th at 6:30 PM at Cowork Memphis, located at 902 South Cooper, across the street from Celtic Cross. Please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/memphis-technology-user-groups/events/226071942/.

Tim Brownawell will present on Apache POI. The Apache POI project maintains Java APIs for manipulating various file formats based upon the Office Open XML standards (OOXML) and Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format (OLE2). In short, you can read and write MS Excel files using Java. In addition, you can read and write MS Word and MS PowerPoint files using Java. You can read more at (https://poi.apache.org/)

We will have a second presentation showing a few practical examples of the Groovy language.

Thanks as always to Cowork for hosting us and to our gracious sponsors Vaco Midsouth who provide us with food and resources. See you next Thursday!

-Daniel