Memphis .Net User Group - October Meeting

Brian Swanson

Oct 21, 2014, 10:12:26 AM10/21/14
to Memphis .Net User Group, mem...@googlegroups.com
Date/Time: October 23, 2014 at 6:00PM

Location: Microsoft Offices
6465 N. Quail Hollow Rd.
Suite 200

RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/memphis-technology-user-groups/events/212866322/

Regular Expressions, on the 50th attempt I Finally Got It!

Regular Expressions have many times defied my attempts at true understanding. Yes, I could get something to work when I really needed to but it was painful and in truth I didn't really understand what was happening. It turns out Regular Expression expressions work like a programming language with some very strange syntax. Once you "get" this, Regular Expressions can play an integral role in your development. In this session, we will look at Regular Expressions from the perspective of typed-language developers. By calling out the "wierdnesses" we can begin to grab on to the benefits this technology provides and add this very useful tool to our technology toolbelts.

Carney R. Calcutt, Senior Software Engineer, ACTIVE Network (formally ServiceU)

Carney describes his career as an enterprise application architect and developer as, "interesting, fun and ever-changing." Since 1997 he has been involved in all phases of software development and contributed to all layers of application design and architecture. From early in his career his focus has been on creating smart software that can be reused by multiple clients in the enterprise over the lifetime of the application. He has a mastery of Microsoft .NET technologies from the controller at the user interface level down through the database. The software he has helped to create runs with very little maintenance, is extensible and easy to maintain when necessary. During his career, Carney’s has sought out organizations that understand excellence in software development and are committed to achieving it.

Thanks,
Brian Swanson