Memphis .Net User Group (MNUG) - March Meeting

Brian Swanson

Mar 24, 2015, 10:22:42 AM3/24/15

Location: Microsoft Corporate offices in Memphis
6465 N. Quail Hollow Rd., Suite 200
MemphisTN

Time: Pizza & networking @ 6PM, Presentation starts at 6:30PM

RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/memphis-technology-user-groups/events/220640873/

Presenter: Tim Brownawell
I work in a cube farm, which I like because of the number of people around and my ability to have a little bit of experimenting with potentially-useful interesting things be "lost in the noise". Most of my day-to-day work is either data analysis and transformation, or tinkering with a system that partially automates most of our more tedious tasks.

Topic: .Net development on non-Microsoft platforms and IDEs.
I'll talk about doing .NET development on Linux, particularly with the MonoDevelop IDE. This will include cross-platform-ness and compatibility (or not) with Visual Studio for non-web GUI applications; and options for running .NET web apps on not-Windows. I'll have live examples, rather than only slides.

Thanks,
Brian Swanson

Brian Swanson

Mar 24, 2015, 10:23:38 AM3/24/15