Errors on FIMO

Ghazal Haddad

May 25, 2016, 3:45:46 PM5/25/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hello! I have an error on FIMO for which I can't find any answers anywhere - the first one is the following, which appears on all my output files:

Using motif +FOXC1 of width 8.Using motif -FOXC1 of width 8.fimo: seq-reader-from-fasta.c:724: get_next_data_block_from_seq_reader_from_fasta: Assertion `c != 0' failed.

And the second one is this, which appears only on the first output file:

FATAL: Motif with no PSPM or PSSM should not get here!

Please help me figure out what's going wrong and how to fix this! :)

CharlesEGrant

May 25, 2016, 3:59:13 PM5/25/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
The 2nd message would seem to indicate that your motif file may not be formatted correctly. How did you generate it?

Could you attach copies of the motif file and the sequence file you are using? That would help us troubleshoot the problem.

Charles