make check FAIL::meme-chip

Bai Bing

May 21, 2017, 5:23:28 PM5/21/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
I have one fail during installation. Do I need to re-install meme again from the beginning or I can continue use it? How to start the meme program in linux terminal? simple type 'meme'? I tried but it does not work.

CharlesEGrant

May 23, 2017, 6:02:22 PM5/23/17
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
If meme-chip is the only test that failed then you should be able to use any of the other programs. Before you can run them on the command line you have to add the MEME Suite bin directory to your execution path. This is described in step 5, "Setting PATH", of the installation guide. The file where the PATH variable is set depends on how you have your shell configured. If you use the BASH shell, it may be in .bashrc, .bash_profile, or .profile. If you are new to the Linux shell you may want to check with your local computer support staff.

If you'd like to get MEME-ChIP working on your machine, you should check tests/scripts/meme-chip.log. This should contain a detailed message about why the MEME-ChIP test failed. The most common cause for failures is that one of the required Perl modules is missing from your system. If all the other tests are passing you are probably missing the JSON or HTML::TreeBuilder modules.