Analyse sequences >60000

已查看 46 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

paolo lorenzini

未读,
2017年2月22日 06:39:492017/2/22
收件人 MEME Suite Q&A
Hi

I have a set of FASTA sequences in which I would like to do some motifs analysis, however the total size of the sequences is more then 60000 nucleotide which is the maximum allowed on the online MEME website.
Should I install MEME in linux and if yes how to run the analysis?

regards
Paolo

CharlesEGrant

未读,
2017年2月22日 16:30:312017/2/22
收件人 meme-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we have to limit the size of jobs submitted to the MEME web application to 60kb because larger jobs would end up monopolizing the server. One solution is to install a local copy of MEME. However, be aware that running MEME on sequence databases larger than 1MB may not be practical.

This posting on the MEME Q&A site may be helpful:

The source for the MEME Suite can be downloaded here.
The installation guide can be found here.
The documentation for the command line version of MEME can be found here.

Alternatively, if your sequences are highly redundant, and the motifs centrally located, (typical of ChIP-Seq data), you may be able to use MEME-ChIP rather than MEME. The MEME-ChIP web application will accept sequence files up to 50MB. Internally it will sample 600 sequences at random from the full dataset, and then trim the sampled sequences to their central 100bp before analyzing them with MEME. A protocol for using MEME-ChIP can be found here.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子