Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Rocky Parida

no leída,
1 ene 2017, 19:26:391/1/17
a MEME Suite Q&A
Hi All
I have used tomtom against the JASPAR_2016.meme database and found significant hits for my motifs. Sometimes even the tophit transcription factor for my motif in JASPAR is not significant but based on our experiment the hit makes sense. Do we only consider those hits that are q-value <0.05 or we can go by what makes the most sense even though it is not significant?
Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Rocky

CharlesEGrant

no leída,
2 ene 2017, 17:36:382/1/17
a meme-...@googlegroups.com
Guidelines like q-value threshold are only guidelines and traditions. They do not guarantee whether or not a given result is due to chance. However, you can't appeal to statistical confidence measures when they go your way, and then ignore them when they don't . Beware of confirmation bias. This is really something to be discussed with your advisor or mentor.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos