meme-get-motif

Coeus Huo

Jan 5, 2017, 2:19:48 PM1/5/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi,

Can anyone give me an example of meme-get-motif? I couldn't seem to get it worked. The command that I used was:

meme-get-motif -id <motif_id.txt> output.txt JASPAR_CORE_2016.meme

Nothing was extracted to the output file. I think the format in the ID file in wrong, but I don't know what format I should use.

Thanks,
Coeus

CharlesEGrant

Jan 5, 2017, 2:57:56 PM1/5/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
Note that meme-get-motif reads from standard input and writes to standard output. That means you have to use the UNIX redirection tokens to specify the input (<) and output (>) files. For example:

meme-get-motif -id motif_id  < JASPAR_CORE_2016.meme > output.txt

I’m assuming here that you are trying to read from JASPAR_CORE_2016.meme and write the motif identified by motif_id to output.txt.