execute meme from terminal

Kiko Verdeguer

Mar 11, 2016, 5:37:40 AM3/11/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi all,

I have a very simple question that is more related to basic unix commands than meme itself.

I have successfully installed MEMEsuite in my own computer but I don't know how to make an executable file to prompt meme from terminal. Is it something with the .bash files, etc? i am confused.
When I run just "meme" in the terminal it doesn't recognize the command.
This is my example.

193-10-23-191:experiment_memes franciscoverdeguer$ meme sequences_1500tss_up_enrich_hit1.fa -o meme_out_hit1_2 -dna -nmotifs 6 -minw 5 maxw 15 -mod zoops -pal -maxsize 10000000

-bash: meme: command not found

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kiko Verdeguer

Mar 11, 2016, 7:31:50 AM3/11/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
I edited the shell configuration and I added this

export PATH=$PATH:/$HOME/bin

still can't use meme

CharlesEGrant

Mar 14, 2016, 9:16:32 PM3/14/16
to MEME Suite Q&A

export PATH=$PATH:/$HOME/bin

That would only work if you installed the MEME Suite directly into your home directory.
Where directory did you install the MEME Suite into?

That is: what value did you use for the --prefix option of your 'configure' command?