Fasta-center error code

Kristina Sakers

Jan 6, 2016, 12:53:55 PM1/6/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi all,

I am submitting RNA sequences in MEME chip, the settings that aren't default are "search given strand only" which automatically enables centrimo's find centered regions. All other settings are default. I am getting this error message and I'm not sure why.
  • MEME-ChIP subprocess fasta-center exited with error code 255
Can anyone explain this to me please?
Thanks!
Kristina

CharlesEGrant

Jan 8, 2016, 7:57:09 PM1/8/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi Kristina,

Unfortunately the error code in itself isn't very informative. MEME-ChIP should have written out some files with more detailed error messages. If you could provide us a link to your job, we could do some troubleshooting.

Charles

Kristina Sakers

Jan 12, 2016, 9:30:10 AM1/12/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your help.

Kristina

cegrant

Jan 12, 2016, 6:50:48 PM1/12/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi Kristina,

Unfortunately you found a bug in the fasta-center script that kept it from handling the RNA alphabet. We should be releasing an updated version of the MEME Suite in the next week or so, and we'll include a fix for this bug.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the problem, and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kristina Sakers

Jan 13, 2016, 12:20:28 PM1/13/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
Thanks for looking into that for me. I'll test again when the update is released.