Installation Error (CRASH)

Santhilal Subhash

Feb 20, 2017, 8:41:05 AM2/20/17
to MEME Suite Q&A

http://kandurilab.org/bioinformatics/google_groups/meme_4.11.1_fail.log

Hi, I got similar installation issue. Everything goes fine with './configure' (im using perl version 5.18.4) but 'make test' gives error. Complete log is in the above mentioned link.

Example output: Last few lines

config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing libtool commands
configure:     All required and optional Perl modules were found.

But when I did 'make test' following CRASH's error occur.

Example output:

Testsuite summary for meme 4.11.1
# TOTAL: 99
# PASS:  45
# SKIP:  18
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  36
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See tests/scripts/test-suite.log

CharlesEGrant

Feb 20, 2017, 2:07:16 PM2/20/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
In the linked log all of the failures are associated with this error message:

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /sw/comp/perl_modules/5.18.4/milou/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Cwd/Cwd.so: undefined symbol: Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck

This indicates that there is a problem with your installation of Perl related to the Perl library module CWD module. I'd first check to see if system has multiple copies of Perl or the Perl modules installed. If that doesn't provide any insight, you might try reinstalling the Cwd module. This is really a generic system administration issue though, so it's beyond the scope of what we can help with.