Too many open Files

rahul_kcle

Oct 23, 2009, 4:21:09 PM10/23/09
to memcached
I recently deployed memcached to our production servers and this
exception happened. I am just wondering what might be the reason. Any
help is appreciated.

We are using java_memcached-release_2.0.1.jar client.

Our config is as following

memcached.pool.initcon=5
memcached.pool.mincon=5
memcached.pool.maxcon=30
memcached.pool.maxidle=1800000
memcached.pool.polltime=5000
memcached.pool.socketto=5000
memcached.pool.conto=0
memcached.value.compthreshold=65536

The following is the exception which resulted in the crash of our
tomcat server.

ERROR com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool - Too many open files
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
at sun.nio.ch.Net.socket0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.socket(Net.java:94)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.<init>(SocketChannelImpl.java:
84)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorProviderImpl.openSocketChannel
(SelectorProviderImpl.java:37)
at java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.open(SocketChannel.java:
105)
at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool$SockIO.getSocket
(SockIOPool.java:1611)
at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool$SockIO.<init>
(SockIOPool.java:1585)
at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool.createSocket(SockIOPool.java:
782)
at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool.selfMaint(SockIOPool.java:
1331)
at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool$MaintThread.run
(SockIOPool.java:1497)

Thanks.

BlueT

Oct 23, 2009, 4:58:16 PM10/23/09