Memcached installation on windows

mike_255

Aug 4, 2009, 9:16:24 AM8/4/09
to memcached
hello,

i am having trouble installing memcached on windows, when i cd into
the directory and inpsut the installation code i get the following
message-

C:\memcached>memcached -d install
failed to install service or service already installed

when i try to start memcached i get the following message

C:\memcached>memcached -d start
failed to start service

I have no idea why this is happening and would greatly appreciate any
support,

regards,
mike

Jozef Sevcik

Aug 4, 2009, 11:17:39 AM8/4/09
to memc...@googlegroups.com
Check the Windows Event Log for the reason why service fails to start

2009/8/4 mike_255 <michael....@googlemail.com>:

--
Jozef

Andrew

Sep 18, 2009, 11:59:44 AM9/18/09
to memcached
On Windows XP Pro, I had no errors. Sorry you had trouble.

Henrik Schröder

Sep 18, 2009, 12:19:21 PM9/18/09
to memc...@googlegroups.com
If you're running Vista or Windows 7 or similar, you have to run the command prompt as administrator, otherwise you won't have permissions to install a new service.

/Henrik

Jimmy G

Sep 18, 2009, 12:25:11 PM9/18/09
to memc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It appears that there has been lots of interest concerning memcached on Windows building over the last few months.

I am curious if anyone on this list would be interested in presenting a webinar before the end of the year, in which you can
should how to go from download to successfully running (plus maybe some tips and tricks or gotchas) on Windows.

If so, drop me a line.

jimmy.g...@sun.com

Jeff Pearce

Sep 18, 2009, 12:55:06 PM9/18/09
to memc...@googlegroups.com, memcached
I've ran it on server 2003 and server 2008 with no issues.

Is there anything in the event logs? Also, try -d uninstall to make
sure theres not some version installed.

Sent from my iPhone

Gourav Gavate

Oct 26, 2013, 8:46:33 AM10/26/13
to memc...@googlegroups.com
Dear ,
          i got exactly same error as shown below.
in C:\memcached have memcached.exe
1. right click on this .exe file then gores into properties.
2.then click allow all permission to all users from secutiry tab
3. then click on compatibilty tab and select compatible windows xp.
i think this may solve your problem.

Gourav Gavate

Ashish Tyagi

Mar 4, 2014, 11:34:37 PM3/4/14
to memc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gourav Gavate,

I am really thankful to you for sharing your problem solution , i was having the same issue and get solved by following your solution steps.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish tyagi

Sujata Patil

Oct 20, 2015, 4:25:31 AM10/20/15
to memcached
Hello,
Even I have the same problem, after changing the security and compatibility tabs also same error is coming.
can anybody help me to resolve this?. I am using thin client system , I am not getting whether that is causing any problem.

1 1

Nov 8, 2018, 6:17:25 AM11/8/18
to memcached
No Compatibility tab in windows xp help me :(