ServiceProxy target a Spring MVC RestController in the same webapp?

dsob...@iu.edu

Apr 13, 2017, 4:57:02 PM4/13/17
to membrane-monitor
We developed our own Interceptor that handles a few things. One of which is authentication and authorization. A bit caveman but it works well enough.

We hand wrote in our interceptor the ability to parse the requested URI and offer a webservice in the interceptor that aborts the outcome but sets the response code and content accordingly.  This hand made "webservice" is for managing tokens used in the authentication piece that I mentioned earlier.

This does work but having the proxy do what it does best - proxy - seems like a better route to go.  So an initial thought was to see if there's a way to set up a Spring RestController in the spring context of the Proxy (which seems to initialize for me but no way to call it as a target for the serviceproxy). The server we are on isn't run by my team so we'd need this to all go up as one war.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  If this isn't quite clear enough let me know and I'll fill in more details to what we are trying to do.

- Damian