SSL incoming and outgoing

arra...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 4:14:36 AM9/21/16
to membrane-monitor
Hi, We are trying to use docker with the membrane dockerfile. We have membrane in the cloud, where a client connects using ssl. Membrane then internally routes between two different set of servers which are not in the cloud. We want the incoming connection to be SSL; and the outgoing (to the two different sets of servers) to also be SSL. How would we configure this? What port will membrane listen to in docker container? I am very new to this and not clear.

Tobias Polley

Sep 21, 2016, 4:41:08 AM9/21/16
to membrane-monitor, arra...@gmail.com
Hi arramiah,

the ssl-server example demonstrates how to configure incoming SSL. The ssl-client example demonstrates how to configure outgoing SSL. You need to combine the two, which results roughly in

        <serviceProxy port="443">
            <ssl>
                <keystore location="../../conf/membrane.jks" password="secret" keyPassword="secret" />
                <truststore location="../../conf/membrane.jks" password="secret" />
            </ssl>
            <target host="www.predic8.de" port="443">
                <ssl />
            </target>
        </serviceProxy>

This config tells Membrane to listen on port 443. (As configured in the first line of the snippet.)

Best,
Tobias

arra...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 8:24:34 AM9/21/16