membrane monitor for 64 bit linux

Chanchal Tyagi

Oct 11, 2012, 2:01:14 AM10/11/12
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am looking for membrane monitor for 64 bit linux VM.

Thanks
-Chanchal

Thomas Bayer

Oct 11, 2012, 3:32:03 AM10/11/12
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
at the moment we do not have a 64 Bit Version. We are in the progress of porting the monitor to the RCP 4 platform. The next version based on RCP 4 will also be available on 64 Bit Linux.

For some purposes you can also use the Web based Membrane ESB. It has almost the same monitoring features in version 3.5.2 and it will run on all Java platforms.

--
Thomas

Tobias Polley

Oct 16, 2012, 4:28:09 AM10/16/12
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chanchal,

as Thomas said, the porting Membrane Monitor to use the tycho-maven-plugin is on the way. An official distribution for 64bit Linux will be available once that is completed.

Note however, that 32bit vs 64bit is a mere packaging difference, as Membrane Monitor is plain Java. Replacing all native components (OSGi and Eclipse SWT) by their 64bit equivalents would do the trick at the moment.

That said: Is there any specific reason you need a 64bit application? I'd be interested.

Best, Toby

c.kor...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2013, 12:02:10 PM9/10/13
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi, tried to replace the components with no success..
Any further details?

Thanks.