Target node HTTP and HTTPS configuration

Sathish Ganesan

Feb 25, 2016, 4:32:32 AM2/25/16
to membrane-monitor
Hi,

We have the following deployments

1. Jboss running in SSL with Membrane Service Proxy as WAR deployment.
2. Tomcat which runs on both HTTP (8008 port) and HTTPS (8443 port)
3. Created a Service Proxy with a load Balancing cluster having both entries as (localhost:8008 and localhost:9443)
    with Target SSL set with the certificate Truststore for establishing the connection.

But the issue is, when a request is hit, the connection with localhost:8443 is established but localhost:8008 is not getting established.
I know that, this is because of the Target SSL truststore being set. [when ssl in Target is removed, localhost:8008 is established but localhost:8443 fails]
Is there a way to configure target ssl and route request to HTTP if the Tomcat doesn't give the server side certificate.

My objective is to, establish the connection with SSL configured in Target for HTTP and HTTPS based on the Tomcat server's capability.
Is it possible to set any parameter in Membrane so that it can reroute the request for both HTTP and HTTPS with the SSL certificate configured in Target.

Thanks,
Sathish G

Tobias Polley

Mar 3, 2016, 8:07:49 AM3/3/16
to membrane-monitor
Hi Sathish,

balancing between SSL- and non-SSL-nodes is not supported.

To realize your use case, you probably need some custom coding, for example using Membrane 4.2.0 add

<groovy>
if (! /* TODO: insert here whether your backend does support SSL */ )
  exc.setProperty("SSL_CONTEXT", null);
</groovy>
before
<balancer>...