How to get membrane Logs ?

Bruno Vernay

Jul 29, 2011, 9:39:16 AM7/29/11
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
There are articles about message logs, But I would have application Logs.

I saw a minimalist log file in /membrane-monitor-win86-2.0.4/workspace/.metadata/.log

But how could I get logs for com.predic8.membrane.core.interceptor.xslt.XSLTInterceptor for example ??

Regards
Bruno

Shaan Jayaratna

Jul 29, 2011, 11:42:59 AM7/29/11
to membrane-monitor
Hi,

actually you can use log4j.properties configuration files to set the
log level. But there is a bug in the Monitor that prevents changing
the default log settings. We will fix that and release a new version
of the Monitor on monday.

For now you can use the Membrane Router.

http://membrane-soa.org/downloads/http-router.htm

To set the log level simply put a log4j.properties configuration file
into the conf directory.

E.g

log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:
%L - %m%n

log4j.rootLogger=warn, stdout

log4j.logger.com.predic8=debug

Hint:
The Membrane Router version 3.0.0 uses different configuration files.
If you are using rules.xml files generated by the Monitor, use a
router version under 3.0.0.

If you want to know more about the new configuration files, take a
look at the following tutorials:

http://local.membrane-soa.org/soap-router-doc/soap-quickstart.htm

and

http://local.membrane-soa.org/soap-router-doc/rest-quickstart.htm

Regards
Shaan

Marco Silva

Jun 26, 2017, 11:33:44 AM6/26/17
to membrane-monitor, srjay...@googlemail.com
Hi guys,

I tried one of your tools in the past (Membrane Service Proxy) and I liked it a lot. Now I'm trying this one, Membrane Monitor, and it seems great as well.
I have, however, a main issue with this tool, I can't seem to put it to log my requests/responses to a log file, I tried to put the log4j.properties file in the configuration folder, but no luck so far, can you give me an hint please?

Best Regards,
Marco

Marco Silva

Jun 26, 2017, 11:39:26 AM6/26/17
to membrane-monitor, srjay...@googlemail.com
Also tried the following without success:

Adding this tag to the monitor-beans.xml file:
  <spring:bean name="storeInterceptor" class="com.predic8.membrane.core.interceptor.ExchangeStoreInterceptor">
    <spring:property name="exchangeStore">
      <spring:bean class="com.predic8.membrane.core.exchangestore.FileExchangeStore">
        <spring:property name="dir" value="C:\temp" />
      </spring:bean>
    </spring:property>
  </spring:bean>

It just doesn't create any file in the c:\temp location.

Regards,
Marco