How to make Membrane send X-Forwarded-Proto = HTTPS to target without configuring SSL?

Gabriel Corrêa de Oliveira

Jun 1, 2015, 5:06:40 PM6/1/15
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use Membrane behind an AWS Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).

The ELB handles all aspects of the SSL connection before handing the HTTP request to Membrane.

HTTP requests hit the ELB on port 443, and the ELB forwards them already unencrypted to Membrane on port 8443. At this time, an X-Forwarded-Proto = https header was already added to the request by the ELB.

I am using <target host="somehost.com" port="80" adjustHostHeader="false"/>, but Membrane sends X-Forwarded-Proto = http to the target, instead of the "https" value that came in the original X-Forwarded-Proto header.

I would like Membrane to forward the value of X-Forwarded-Proto untouched to the target.

Is there a way to achieve this?