Regarding Membrane Proxy Web Console

Sachin Garg

Apr 22, 2016, 12:08:01 AM4/22/16
to membrane-monitor
Hi,

I need to change web console name i.e from /admin to /proxyadmin but changing in proxies.xml is not helping me.

is there any other way it could be achieved.

Regards,
Sachin Garg

Sachin Garg

Apr 22, 2016, 1:07:08 AM4/22/16
to membrane-monitor
HI,

I also verified that if i add <adminconsole/> in <serviceproxy> with port and basic auth then it works for that particular port but if hit comes from some other port with url as /admin then also it goes to admin console.

Below is my settings:

<serviceProxy name="Console" port="8009">
           <!--  <path isRegExp="true">^/admin.*</path>  -->
            <basicAuthentication>
                <user name="admin" password="proxy" />
            </basicAuthentication>
            <adminConsole />
        </serviceProxy>

URl should work like http://localhost:8009/admin

but it is also working for http://localhost:8080/admin (without asking for username/password)

Can you please check this issue.

Regards
Sachin Garg

Thomas Bayer

Apr 22, 2016, 2:18:15 AM4/22/16
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sachin,
thanks for your detailed report. We will fix this. I created an issue at:

https://github.com/membrane/service-proxy/issues/251

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Bayer

Apr 22, 2016, 2:20:51 AM4/22/16
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sachin,
I do not know that the path could be configured. We are considering to implement this:

https://github.com/membrane/service-proxy/issues/252

Cheers,
Thomas

https://github.com/membrane/service-proxy/issues/252

Till Born

Apr 25, 2016, 9:25:38 AM4/25/16
to membrane-monitor
Hello Sachin,
I tried to reproduce the described behaviour with your settings and accessed the console from http://localhost:8009/admin and this worked. But i couldn't access it from http://localhost:8080/admin
I would like you to verify your test setup again. Maybe you had, for testing purposes, another Membrane Service Proxy instance running that had an unsecured admin console on port 8080?
If you can still reproduce this error, please write again.

Regards,
Till

Sachin Garg

Apr 25, 2016, 11:46:43 AM4/25/16
to membrane...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My Service Proxy is ver 4.1 and i am running it on jboss.

Regards,
Sachin Garg

Tobias Polley

Apr 25, 2016, 12:28:02 PM4/25/16
to membrane-monitor
Hi Sachin,

the "port" attribute is ignored when you use <web:servletTransport>.

Sorry for that, we should probably raise a warning or throw an Exceptions.

Best
Tobias

Till Born

May 9, 2016, 4:26:59 AM5/9/16
to membrane-monitor
After a meeting we came to the result that changing the path  ( e.g. /admin to /proxyadmin ) to the admin console is only possible with a rewriter. There is currently no plan to change this. In the future we may implement a new admin console where this should be possible.
Regards,
Till