s/Omegaverse/Megaverse

Mo Morsi

Jun 13, 2014, 12:28:39 PM6/13/14
to omega...@googlegroups.com
For those that don't speak 'sed' this email's subject basically amounts
to myself giving up a fight.

Long story short, I would refrain from googling 'omegaverse' as it comes
up with many explicit images (very very nsfw).

I've registered the domains 'megaverse.net' and 'megaverse.info' and
will be switching over to using those as the primary domains to host the
primary simulation (with syracloud.net hosting the second simulation).

The overall simulation network will be renamed to simply 'Megaverse',
which googling for turns up results, but mostly sci-fi / philosophy
oriented which is acceptable.

I'll still keep the omegaverse.info domain for the time being but will
redirect it to megaverse.info (or .net).

There are many various other things that need TBD such as switch over
blog & images content, the wikipedia page, and more (not to mention this
mailing list, any help would be more than welcome). Appreciate people's
patience, obviously as this stuff is done development will be on hold
(will try to mix tasks from both lists but you know how that goes).

-Mo

Nicolas Satragno

Jun 13, 2014, 10:39:44 PM6/13/14
to Mo Morsi, omega...@googlegroups.com
Cool! The first time I tried googling the project with the original name I got some... disturbing images. I think the change is for good and will make the project friendlier for other people to investigate about.

Cheers!

  -Mo