segmentation fault

Arija

Apr 1, 2015, 4:08:28 AM4/1/15
to mega2...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Can anybody help me with my conversion from Plink files to Merlin with Mega2?
I ran into a segmentation fault. Since I do not know what this is I am stuck. We use mega2  4.5.6

Parameters:

Input_Pedigree_File=clean-chr22.for-conversion3.ped

Input_Map_File=clean-chr22.for-conversion3.map

Input_Untyped_Ped_Option=2

Input_Do_Error_Sim=no

Output_Path=.

AlleleFreq_SquaredDev=999999999.000000

PLINK=--file --missing-phenotype -9 --trait default

Analysis_Option=Merlin format

Count_Genotypes=4

Count_Halftypes=no

The map file I used has headers and 3 columns.

As mentioned, the error is a segmentation fault. I read online that it is a known bug in older versions of mega 2. Is it also a known bug in the version I used?

All help is welcome, thank you!
Arija

Dan Weeks

Apr 1, 2015, 10:11:11 AM4/1/15
to mega2...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arija,

You are using a very old version of Mega2.  As there have been bug fixes over time, we do not recommend using old versions, but rather recommend that you upgrade to using the newest and most current version.

If after upgrading to the current version, you still encounter problems, please let us know.

Thanks,
Dan

Arija

Apr 2, 2015, 5:01:14 AM4/2/15