V2 Event Update - set announce = true

Andrew Murphy

May 31, 2017, 5:34:12 PM5/31/17
to Meetup API
Hi

Using:

When passing:
announce=true

I get:

Error: 400 : {"details":"Unable to perform selected action","code":"bad_request","problem":"Your command could not be completed","errors":{"ANNOUNCE":"INVALID_VALUE"}}

What are the valid values?

Is there something I'm missing? Does "announce=true" fail on already announced events for example?

What I'm doing is:
- Get a list of events using V3 get events (The announce status is not returned in the V3 get events call)
- Loop though my events and either create (V2) or update (V2) them
- Announce events in < 7 days time (its this bit I'm having problems with)

I'm using a mix of V3 and V2 calls as the lib I'm using doesn't support HTTP PATCH yet.

Andrew