Supposed to use key= not sig=

rickm...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 4:16:54 PM6/14/16
to Meetup API
I (half) answered my own question from the previous posting.

As a new member to this list, I didn't see my posting up right away.
Have to find out if the moderator likes me.

Anyway, I realized that I should just search this group for any examples
using curl. Guess I should have done that first thing. So, I got my answer:

... assuming my key is 123. But using "...?sig=123..." is the wrong thing to do.

But that still doesn't explain why this example fails:

$ curl -H "Authorization: Bearer {123}" "https://api.meetup.com/topics?page=1"

Don't care too much anymore because I have that "members.json?key=123" example.

Although if you could tell me why that Authorization Bearer line is wrong, then I'll learn something else.

Doug Tangren

Jun 14, 2016, 4:34:06 PM6/14/16
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
The authorization header in this case expects a bearer token from one of our oauth flows. It doesn't support api keys at the moment.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.