Create/Modify/Delete using API_KEY - is it possible?

Nick Murrall

Nov 21, 2017, 4:30:56 PM11/21/17
to Meetup API
I think I may have hot a brick wall and would appreciate peoples  thoughts...

I want to integrate meetup into our club events management system so that certain events are posted to meetup.

The posting needs to be done on behalf of the Group (i.e. the group admin) NOT the individual user as not all individual users will be meetup users (even though their event will be posted) - so Authenticating with oAuth is NOT an option (as I understand it).

I've been looking at Authentication with an API_KEY but that only seems to work for GET methods.

I'm working in php and the library I used uses oAuth.

I'm OK with embedding keys etc. in our application - it's not publicly accessible.

I also tried to find the response url after a query but can't find it in returned json.

I see it in the console but then you can't do a POST in the console to get a signed URL.

Am I trying to do something that just cant be done? If so it looks like I'll have to give up.

Thanks