Group ID

I Burch

Jun 6, 2014, 7:26:59 AM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy way to get the group ID for a meetup group?  I am looking to use it for the API.

Thanks

Doug Tangren

Jun 6, 2014, 8:34:54 AM6/6/14
to meetup-api
On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM, I Burch <eventpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there an easy way to get the group ID for a meetup group?  I am looking to use it for the API.

The body of any group response contains an id field. That represents the group id -- http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/docs/2/groups/#response

Thanks

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

I Burch

Jun 6, 2014, 9:01:17 AM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
how would an organizer see a group response?
Thanks

Joe Lippeatt

Jun 6, 2014, 10:25:43 AM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at this console example (and the link Doug provided for documentation ... its all there).

I Burch

Jun 6, 2014, 10:49:53 AM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
I think I am missing something ....

When click the link below ...I put in the group url ... and hit show response...I see a lot of coding but I do not see something that says group ID.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for all your help

Chris Lewis

Jun 6, 2014, 12:47:17 PM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When you say that you put in the "group url", do you mean you provide the actual URL or the URL name (it must be the name)? Consider this group:

The "URL name" of a group is the path element that identifies the group, which in this case is "ny-scala". If you hop to the console and input this value in the "group_urlname" field, you should get a response that conforms to that as described in the docs: http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/docs/2/groups/#response

You should see a "results" field, which is an array of groups, each of which have an "id" field. This is what you want.

I Burch

Jun 6, 2014, 1:40:29 PM6/6/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
This works perfectly....Thanks for everyone's help