Waitlist that alerts you when space is available - how to?

Roger Price

Oct 27, 2016, 2:01:48 PM10/27/16
to Meetup API
I recall that (for some groups I have been in) they have waitlists that notify you when a slot becomes available - rather than automatically confirming the next person on the waitlist.

How/where is this feature enabled?  Is there any documentation that describes it?

Roger Price

Nov 7, 2016, 9:01:37 AM11/7/16
to Meetup API
On further searching I see that Meetup has a feature: "If there isn't a waiting list when you sign up you will have the option select "Notify Me" if a spot opens up."

Can this be accessed via the API somehow?  I cannot find it in the documentation.

Doug Tangren

Nov 7, 2016, 9:03:38 AM11/7/16
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Roger Price <rwp...@gmail.com> wrote:
On further searching I see that Meetup has a feature: "If there isn't a waiting list when you sign up you will have the option select "Notify Me" if a spot opens up."

Can this be accessed via the API somehow?  I cannot find it in the documentation.

Hi Roger.

We have since sunsetted the notify me feature on the platform.

On Friday, 28 October 2016 02:01:48 UTC+8, Roger Price wrote:
I recall that (for some groups I have been in) they have waitlists that notify you when a slot becomes available - rather than automatically confirming the next person on the waitlist.

How/where is this feature enabled?  Is there any documentation that describes it?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

Roger Price

Nov 7, 2016, 9:53:48 AM11/7/16
to Meetup API
>> We have since sunsetted the notify me feature on the platform.

Oh dear - what a pity.  I think this was so much better than having people drop just into events at the last minute when others dropped out....only to not know or not show up and keep others who wanted to join from joining.   Is there any plan to offer something better in place of the ......status quo?

On Monday, 7 November 2016 22:03:38 UTC+8, Doug Tangren wrote:
[...]

Doug Tangren

Nov 7, 2016, 9:56:28 AM11/7/16
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Roger Price <rwp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have since sunsetted the notify me feature on the platform.

Oh dear - what a pity.  I think this was so much better than having people drop just into events at the last minute when others dropped out....only to not know or not show up and keep others who wanted to join from joining.   Is there any plan to offer something better in place of the ......status quo?

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/meetup-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.