Getting a "no 'access-control-allow-origin' header is present on the requested resource" response for

Jes A

Feb 16, 2018, 12:58:14 AM2/16/18
to Meetup API
I know this has probably been answered before but I can't seem to find a resolution for this issue.

If I use a CORS plugin with chrome I am able to receive data back, but when I turn it off, I get back a no 'access-control-allow-origin' header is present on the requested resource response.

The url I'm using is: https://api.meetup.com/find/locations (to get the lat/lon from a zip) and https://api.meetup.com/find/upcoming_events to get a list of upcoming events in an area.

I'm using ajax to send a data object with the parameters for each URL including:

For locations:
data: {
'sign': true,
'key': my API Key,
'query': `${searchTerm}`
},
dataType: 'json',
type: 'GET',
crossDomain: true,
success: callback

I then pass the lat/lon from locations into upcoming_events:

data: {
'sign': true,
'key': my API Key,
'lat': `${lat}`,
'lon': `${lon}`,
'order': 'time',
'page': '20',
'radius': '30.0',
'text': 'book',
'topic_category': '222'
},
dataType: 'json',
type: 'GET',
crossDomain: true,
success: callback

I'm really at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas on what I need to change to get data back?

Thanks!