Had to remove my apps from the App Store as authentication no longer works!!!

S Henry

Mar 11, 2017, 4:21:41 PM3/11/17
to Meetup API
Hi there,

Since the new api moves on Sunday, my meetup apps for the iPad/iPhone on the App Store have stopped working due to authentication erros.

I had to remove the apps from the App Store as they no longer work properly.

Any idea what's the issue with OAUTH since the move??

Thanks

Sam

Doug Tangren

Mar 11, 2017, 4:27:28 PM3/11/17
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Sorry for the troubles. We are investigating the issue. It's likely is related to the other oauth issues recently reported on this mailing list. When we gain more insight I'll reply there.

Thanks

Sam

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

S Henry

Mar 12, 2017, 8:24:16 PM3/12/17
to Meetup API
Ok, thanks Doug.

Doug Tangren

Mar 12, 2017, 8:40:18 PM3/12/17
to meetup-api

On Mar 12, 2017 8:24 PM, "S Henry" <sam200...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, thanks Doug.

Can you confirm if your https stack is using tls 1.2? We've recently upgraded our ssl certificates to require it. We've been going reports of similar issues and in all cases so far upgrading to tls 1.2 resolved the issue.

S Henry

Mar 15, 2017, 9:59:54 AM3/15/17
to Meetup API
I'm currently away on travels but will have a look on my return to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks for the info.

Doug Tangren

Mar 15, 2017, 10:01:59 AM3/15/17
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 8:57 PM, S Henry <sam200...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm currently away on travels but will have a look on my return to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks for the info.

Our systems team rolled back some of these ssl changes after getting a number of these kinds of reports. I still recommended upgrading to tls 1.2 as older versions are generally deemed to be insecure at this point. We will likely make this a requirement again in the future but it will be communicated before we do a head of time.

S Henry