No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Stephen McLaughlin

Oct 4, 2017, 11:23:08 AM10/4/17
to Meetup API
Continued from above...

Origin 'http://localhost:8000' is therefore not allowed access.

I KNOW THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED A THOUSAND TIMES BUT I'M ABSOLUTELY STUMPED.  I'VE ENTERED THE FOLLOWING URL INTO POSTMAN AND HAD DATA RETURNED SUCCESSFULLY.

BUT WHEN I TRIED THIS IN JAVASCRIPT I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE ABOVE. I'VE BEEN ALL OVER THE WEB AND I CAN'T FIND AN ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE THAT WORKS.

AM I SUPPOSED TO USE ANOTHER AUTHENTICATION METHOD ( LIKE OAUTH )? I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS.

THANKS.

Doug Tangren

Oct 4, 2017, 2:27:22 PM10/4/17
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Web browsers have restrictions on the web domains local javascript is able to call out to. This is called the same origin policy. We support both oauth2 and jsonp to enable embedding Meetup API interactions on your website.

For jsonp, you can visit the API console for this endpoint and parameters and click show response button, https://secure.meetup.com/meetup_api/console/?path=/find/groups&zip=11211&radius=1&category=9&order=members. You should find a generated URL under the signed link section. You can use that signed url on your page and append a callback request parameter set to the name of a function on the page that will get invoked with the response. Do not embed your api key on your webpage. It will be visible to the public.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.