API call for user's Photo (highres_link)

George Villasboas

Jun 22, 2014, 10:12:58 PM6/22/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm trying to access the high resolution photo of the user's profile.
Reading the documentation I can see that it returns a 'highres_link' field with the URL so I can retrieve it.

But that's not what is happening.

Is this a bug or I'm missing something?

Best.
George.

Chris Lewis

Jun 23, 2014, 9:14:42 AM6/23/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hello George,

What API resource are you requesting? I just tested GETs against /2/member/:id, for 'self' as well as a random member id, and I got back a high res link. If you can share more details we'll figure out what's going on - just be sure not to post your api key!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

mike castleman

Jun 23, 2014, 12:42:17 PM6/23/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
hi George,

Usually you should get a highres_link included in each photo JSON
object. But sometimes a photo will be uploaded at low resolution; in
such cases there will be no highres_link, and you should fall back to
the photo_link.

cheers,
mlc

--
mike castleman
android developer, meetup

George Villasboas

Jun 24, 2014, 1:29:29 PM6/24/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys.

The problem is on what Mike just commented. The user uploaded a low res image.
Seems like all my tests were done on these kind of users.

But I was able to retrieve some highres testing with a bigger number of members.

Thanks a lot and take care!

Best.
George.