Fetch Email address of Meetup group members

Danika Dain

Apr 13, 2015, 8:31:50 AM4/13/15
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Is there is a possibility to fetch the email address of my group members ?

I came across below links where it says as, we can't access there email unless we are a founder of MeetUp Everywhere community and You use the oauth 2 permission scope "email" when requesting authorization which the member has to  authorize

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/meetup-api/7HgoqDorq38

Am not clear with that discussion, that i mentioned about so decided to post a new thread here.

1. What does it actually mean ? do i need to join that Meetup Everywhere community ? or i have to create one with that name ?
2. I haven't seen any option to give grant access while fetching authorization ?  i followed the steps to get the access code and authorizations as mentioned in the meetup api forums but i never came across any permission scope.

This is the link i refer for generating access token:
http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/auth/

Please let me know is there any possibility to get the email address of the members in a group.

Doug Tangren

Apr 13, 2015, 8:47:38 AM4/13/15
to meetup-api
Hi Danika,

Sorry for the confusion. Direct email assess as a feature as been phased out with the sunset of our Meetup Everywhere product. Interfaces for triggering member to member messages via email are also being phased out of the API https://groups.google.com/d/msg/meetup-api/43bFyyhBhL0/GnNjkQZTbUUJ

If you wish to reach out to your members we ask that you do so using our messages product ( https://secure.meetup.com/messages ) or via an organizer tool on site.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

Robert Bilderbach

Jul 27, 2016, 8:55:45 AM7/27/16
to Meetup API
Doug,

We have an external system we would like to keep in sync with our meetup group list.

I had planned on simply extracting an email address and id from both systems to find discrepancies, but I don't see any way to get a members email address...

I even looked at the manual (desperate) export process and no email their as well...

Is there a way for me to get member emails?

Thanks!

-R

Joe Lippeatt

Jul 27, 2016, 10:06:56 AM7/27/16
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Meetup does not provide email addresses in the api.  They removed email addresses from the export tool in the GUI too.

You can create an association by providing a meetup login button on your site.  When your site user logs in to meetup using that button, you can capture their meetup member id and store that for future use.

In fact, depending on your implementation, you can even then use meetup as your web site's authentication system.

Thanks!
Joe