Copy/Paste meetup event URL no longer embeds in wordpress visual editor

Emily

Apr 6, 2017, 1:44:26 PM4/6/17
to Meetup API
See Attached

I started this development project in WordPress for a client about two weeks ago. They utilize meetup for their upcoming workshop[p events and wanted to incorporate that somehow into the website. While playing around with their meetup account and seeing how we can merge the two, I realized that when you copy the link of an individual event and you simply paste it into the visual editor of WordPress, the link turns into an embedded media file. Similar to the way you would copy and paste a link to a YouTube video into the visual editor. As soon as you paste it, the link text turns into a rectangle media area where you will now see that YouTube video.

So two weeks ago I added two events to their website and they worked beautifully. I provided instructions to the client and she attempted to add the rest of her meetup events via my instructions. However, there was about two weeks between the time I added the links to the site and the time she started adding the rest but when she started adding them, we noticed that the links when pasted into the visual editor, are not embedding any more. The 2 I added are working properly but the new ones are not. Even if I copy the links from the events that I added that are working, and I try to paste them into a new page, they no longer work.

If you'd like to see the exact site, its on dev here: http://wpdev.mainstreethost.com/getshotbybob.com/photography-workshops/
  • The bottom two events are events I added and the rest, she added. I have been playing with the top 4 that display on this page to give her other options so you'll noticed there's a little difference in the way all of the events display once clicked. But if you are seeing a meetup URL when you click on the event, that's what I'm talking about. You shouldn't be seeing the link because it should have automatically embedded.

Any help would be great!!

workingembed.jpg
nonworkingembed.jpg

Doug Tangren

Apr 6, 2017, 10:59:08 PM4/6/17
to meetup-api
Hi Emily, We recently fixed an issue related to our oembed support. Can you confirm this resolved the issue you observed with wordpress?

-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.