VENUE Create API returning address error

Deepak Maurya

Jun 18, 2014, 8:55:37 AM6/18/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to create venues through Meetup API, I tried to do it with curl but not sure why i am getting address error, Following is the parameters and result which i am receiving, If anyone can help me with this api the it will be very helpful for me.

Curl Request Parameters:

Array
(
[access_token] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[name] => Test Venue
[address_1] => 15th Street NW, near Constitution Avenue NW
[city] => Varanasi
[state] => CC
[postal_code] => 123456
[country] => IN
[visibility] => public
)

Response Through Meetup API:
{"errors":[{"code":"address_1_error","message":"invalid"}]}

Thanks
Deepak

Deepak Maurya

Jun 19, 2014, 10:29:34 AM6/19/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the Venue Create API, it will be very helpful if someone can provide valuable help, It's urgent.

Thanks
Deepak

Doug Tangren

Jun 19, 2014, 3:17:22 PM6/19/14
to meetup-api
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Deepak Maurya <dmaur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the Venue Create API, it will be very helpful if someone can provide valuable help, It's urgent.

Hi Deepak, I'll have a closer look.

Thanks
Deepak

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 18:25:37 UTC+5:30, Deepak Maurya wrote:
[...]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

Doug Tangren

Jun 19, 2014, 3:51:19 PM6/19/14
to meetup-api
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Doug Tangren <do...@meetup.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Deepak Maurya <dmaur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the Venue Create API, it will be very helpful if someone can provide valuable help, It's urgent.

Hi Deepak, I'll have a closer look.

For public venues, we need to be able to verify the venue's address. We current use bing maps API for geocoding addresses. With the query provided we are not able to look up and verify the address.

Note, the postal code may be omitted from your request. These are the currently supported parameters http://www.meetup.com/meetup_api/docs/:urlname/venues/#createparams

Paul Brown

Sep 25, 2014, 1:09:08 AM9/25/14
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
address_1_error seems to happen for addresses that aren't unique, is that true?

I've been unable to add the same address twice without getting the address_1_error (message: invalid). It works the first time though.

Doug Tangren

Sep 25, 2014, 1:12:56 PM9/25/14
to meetup-api
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Paul Brown <paul9...@gmail.com> wrote:
address_1_error seems to happen for addresses that aren't unique, is that true?

Yes. We do this to avoid creating duplicate venues that would show up in results.