Simple HTML allowed in /events POST?

Joe R

Nov 23, 2016, 11:44:06 AM11/23/16
to Meetup API
Meetup's current documentation for /events POST calls in API v3 provides the following guidance for the event description field:

Description of the event, in simple HTML format. This value is translated to HTML to update the description.

I can't find any definition of what tags are included in "simple HTML", and my test calls to the /events POST API don't seem to support any tags (paragraphs, anchors, etc. all fail). Does anyone have any information on how to post HTML descriptions through the API? Is it just completely unsupported now, in which case Meetup needs to update their API documentation?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Doug Tangren

Dec 8, 2016, 12:29:30 PM12/8/16
to Meetup API
We only support a subset of html for posting descriptions, we call this simple html. We strip out the remaining tags. The few tags we do support are listed here

Joe