Oauth1

Britta Hummel

Sep 13, 2016, 1:01:12 AM9/13/16
to Meetup API
We registered for an oauth consumer just now. Our application accesses meetup API fine via Oauth2.

Oauth1 is not working.

Is Oauth1 still supported for _newly registered_ consumers?

( Meetup documentation says so, but we heard that other web sites support oauth1 for old consumers, while oauth2 consumers exclusively are handed out for any new registrants )

Doug Tangren

Sep 13, 2016, 1:04:26 AM9/13/16
to meetup-api
What part of oauth1 is not working for you? It is still supported though oauth2 is preferred as it's a standard that replaces oauth1.

We may at some point deprecate oauth1 support, but we won't do so without notice.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meetup API" group.

Doug Tangren

Sep 16, 2016, 12:01:14 AM9/16/16
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Doug Tangren <do...@meetup.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:25 AM, Britta Hummel <bsh....@gmail.com> wrote:
We registered for an oauth consumer just now. Our application accesses meetup API fine via Oauth2.

Oauth1 is not working.

Is Oauth1 still supported for _newly registered_ consumers?

( Meetup documentation says so, but we heard that other web sites support oauth1 for old consumers, while oauth2 consumers exclusively are handed out for any new registrants )

What part of oauth1 is not working for you? It is still supported though oauth2 is preferred as it's a standard that replaces oauth1.

We may at some point deprecate oauth1 support, but we won't do so without notice.

Hi Britta, I saw your reply, but did want to post that to the whole group so I piece together some of it here
The oauth 1.0a flow is typically made up of 3 parts.
1) fetch an an initial request token ( https://api.meetup.com/oauth/request/ )
2) redirect the member to to our authorization page allow with the tokened fetched in one ( https://secure.meetup.com/authorize/?oauth_token=request_token_key ). when the member grants authorization we'll redirect back to your server with that token and and oauth_verifier
3) fetch an access token given the request token and verifier ( https://api.meetup.com/oauth/access ) a post request. The access token should come back in a response body to this request.

Without pasting your API credentials, can you walk me through step is giving you trouble?