[MT-L] Data Generation Related to Med Events - CS 5.66 pp8

Leonard, Christine

Aug 22, 2014, 9:37:42 AM8/22/14
to Meditech l

I am working on a project where I need to generate data related to med events. I am looking for any Meditech reports (standard or otherwise) that I can tweak for exporting to Excel. I want to report on events where mistakes such as near misses, med events or interactions have been prevented. These events would be related to BMV,CPOE, the eMAR and PHA.

An example might be how many late doses, missed doses, wrong meds or wrong patients.

Does anyone have any reports that I can use for this purpose?

Thank you,

Chris Leonard

Pharmacy IT Analyst

United Memorial Medical Center

127 North St., Batavia, NY  14020

cleo...@ummc.org

Leonard, Christine

Aug 29, 2014, 9:34:21 AM8/29/14
to Meditech l

I am working on a project where I need to generate data related to med events. I am looking for any Meditech reports (standard or otherwise) that I can tweak for exporting to Excel. I want to report on events where mistakes such as near misses, med events or interactions have been prevented. These events would be related to BMV,CPOE, eMAR and PHA. The purpose is to track how successful our different safety protocols are.

An example might include the percentage of the wrong med [almost] given to the right patient or the right med [almost] given to the wrong patient. We use BMV, which helps to prevent these errors but I want to know how well it is working. This is just one example.