[MT-L] Magic 5.66 PP8 Patient Portal info missing

Paul Goedicke

Aug 8, 2014, 11:03:13 AM8/8/14
to medit...@mtusers.com

I have been through our parameters and settings several times, but we’re still missing data in the Patient Portal Health Summary. The fields/sections are populated in the Patient Health Summary we run from within Meditech. Examples are marital status, ethnicity, primary language, and religion, as well as care team and meds.

Obviously, we’ve missed something in the setup, but can’t figure it out. What pulls from Meditech looks good and complete, but a lot of it is missing in the Patient Portal.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. I think we have all the updated (post PP8)  DTS’s related to CCD/PHS.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Goedicke

Clinical Analyst III

Jackson County Memorial Hospital

1200 East Pecan

Altus, OK 73521

(580)379-5565

paulgo...@jcmh.com

I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

- anonymous

The documents accompanying this transmission contain confidential information, belonging to the sender, that is legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. Violators may be prosecuted. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.

Tim Richardson

Aug 8, 2014, 12:42:17 PM8/8/14
to Paul Goedicke, medit...@mtusers.com
We had this same issue. First we had some mapping that had to be done in NMI for the data fields. Our particular missing data was race (std field), ethnicity & preferred language (queries). We were referred to this training article:  https://www.meditech.com/prnmi/Materials/NMIcbTRvsmmg.pdf
After some trial and error we were able to get those fields populating. However, even though the fields were populated in the Patient Portal for view, download, or print, when we transmitted the PHS to our HISP the fields showed up as unpopulated. MIS 12012 & 2354 were loaded to correct this, and they did. But, now the transmitted PHS was unformatted (raw HTML like this, <city>EDEN</city>
<state>NC</state>
<postalCode>27288-8188</postalCode>
We felt like since the data was there we meet the letter of the requirement, but we are still working with Meditech to get the transmitted PHS formatted correctly. If you need to reference it, our task # is 79461204.

Tim Richardson

Business Systems Analyst

Morehead Memorial Hospital

336.623.9711  ext 2202

tim.ric...@morehead.org

Please do NOT send messages that ask "Please post to the list" or "I'd like to see your answers" or "Send that info to me, too"  These are useless messages that just waste the email server's resources.  Instead, email the original requester and ask that they send you or post the results of their question.

Go to http://MTUsers.net for other information on the list, as well as:
1) reading meditech-l messages online
2) job opportunities
3) vendor products and service

Do NOT send email to meditech...@MTUsers.com.  This is a system email box that is NOT monitored by a human. If you need help or advice on how to use the meditech-l, email  ju...@MTUsers.net.  Julia helps manage the meditech-l, so she is your best resource.

===***===***===***===***===***===***===

Julie Carlson

Aug 8, 2014, 12:46:52 PM8/8/14
to Paul Goedicke, medit...@mtusers.com

Paul,

We are also missing information on our PHS (Magic 5.66 PP8), including weight in pounds and ounces (we get kilos just fine), and height in feet and inches (we get cms just fine as well), ethnicity, preferred language, and author info (our facility address and phone show as unavailable). I entered a task with Meditech and they tell me it is related to the fact that we don’t have our Direct messaging completely set up (we don’t have a HISP yet), but I’m not fully convinced yet……..

Julie Carlson

Information Systems|Senior Analyst

CASCADE VALLEY HOSPITAL AND CLINICS

Close to Home. Close to Heart.

330 S. Stillaguamish Ave., Arlington WA  98223-1603

ph.  360.618.7866| fax. 360.618.7657 | www.cascadevalley.org

DISCLAIMER - Email is not considered secure. Confidentiality risks are assumed by choosing to communicate with Cascade Valley Hospital and Clinics by email. The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended only for the use of the authorized individual as indicated in the e-mail. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action based on the contents of this material is strictly prohibited. Please do not rely on e-mail to communicate health concerns or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Freeman, Gale

Aug 11, 2014, 9:00:29 AM8/11/14
to Tim Richardson, Paul Goedicke, medit...@mtusers.com
Do you transmit the CCD ? That is what we use instead of the PHS. We found it has all the data , but when we sent to our HISP, it was missing ethnicity, preferred language and race. Turns out Meditech was sending it but something called the style sheet on our HISP side wasnt setup to properly deal with those fields. The HISP got a new style sheet , whatever that is, and we are in process of testing it.

Gale Y. Freeman , MIS Systems Analyst

Samaritan Medical Center MIS Dept
830 Washington St , Watertown, NY 13601
315-785-5751 , gfre...@shsny.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of the e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail.

How am I doing ? Feel free to email my manager, Joan Varsics @ jvar...@shsny.com for any suggestions or comments.

Aug 11, 2014, 9:30:14 AM8/11/14
to Freeman, Gale, Tim Richardson, Paul Goedicke, medit...@mtusers.com

Our HISP rep told us the following in reference to Orion because we’re having problems showing the Care Team even though Meditech is sending it: “Orion is working to update their style sheet to ensure that all the patient demographic fields are incorporated as part of Meaningful Use. However, we may continue to see an issue with the care team information as I believe that is a customized field. I have not yet seen a definitive response from Meditech if they are in fact sending their own style sheet as part of the message. A proper “message” is actually a package of several files, one is the CCD itself, and another is the Style sheet.”

Meditech sends the SOAP+xml file, but Orion says that they have seen other vendors that send the “stylesheet” as part of the out message as well.

Thank you,

Allison Sherman x6800

Kevin Dorsey-Tyler

Aug 12, 2014, 11:55:29 AM8/12/14
to medit...@mtusers.com

We are C/S 5.66 PP8 rather than Magic, but I suspect it’s similar.

The PHS is internally generated without an interface (and is not mapped to standard nomenclatures).

The CCD is what is both transmitted via Direct and is displayed via the portal.  It goes through one of the interfaces (DIR XDR OUT in our case), and mapping is done there.  Direct does not have to be fully configured with a HISP for that, but there are parameters to be set by Meditech to use that interface generator.

Then, to get that generator configured to display the mapped values, there are several steps, mostly in MIS Interface Value Set Mapping:

1.        You need to make sure you have installed the correct Value Sets for those, into the correct Code Set(s).  The CCD uses the CDA Code Set by default.  Make sure you have the Value Sets for Marital Status, Ethnicity, Language, Religious Affiliation, Participation Function (for Care Team).  There are others too, but these are the ones you are referring to.

2.       Then you need to map your dictionaries for Marital Status, Religion, Doc Type (to Participation Function) to those Value Sets/Code Systems.

3.       You need to map your Language and Ethnicity queries to the appropriate Value Sets/Code Systems.

4.       You need to make sure the interface message generator hook points for the interface used (DIR XDR OUT, for us) correspond to the maps you have created.

5.       Now, it should take your internal mnemonics, map them to standardized nomenclatures, and insert them into the right fields in the CCD (and portal).

Kevin Dorsey-Tyler, M.D., Ph.D.

Medical Director, Clinical Analytics

Enloe Medical Center

Chico CA 95926

This message, including attachments, contains information from Enloe Medical Center that is
considered confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you are not an addressee, your disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this message is prohibited.  If this message has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and then delete this
entire message.  Thank you.

Kevin Dorsey-Tyler

Aug 12, 2014, 1:18:44 PM8/12/14
to medit...@mtusers.com
The full value set is here:

http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/v3/ParticipationFunction/index.html

I have not found an importable file, but the items are easy to input manually.

There is no item for "Consulting Physician" as yet!

Kevin.

"does anyone have a value set for this....Participation Function (for Care Team).

Freeman, Gale