[MT-L] Magic 5.63 LAB Instrument Manager/Vitros 5600 communication issue

Paul Goedicke

Apr 13, 2011, 3:43:03 PM4/13/11
to medit...@mtusers.com
Wondering if anyone has run into this - wasn't a problem during testing or initially after taking the Instrument Manager Interface live. When we had discrete interface connections with each of the Vitros 5600 analyzers, Meditech recommended setting the instrument LIS maximum frame size to 240 (instruments were delivered with a setting of 64000). What we're experiencing is frame errors with not all orders downloading to the analyzers (one in particular). I'm thinking the frame size is the culprit, but not sure where to set it to see if communications improve.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul Goedicke
Clinical Analyst III
Jackson County Memorial Hospital
1200 E. Pecan Street
Altus, OK 73521
Phone (580) 379-5565
Fax (580) 379-5559
paulgo...@jcmh.com
"If someone really is out to get you, does that still make you paranoid?"
The documents accompanying this transmission contain confidential information, belonging to the sender, that is legally privileged.
This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information
is prohibited from disclosing this information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken
in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. Violators may be prosecuted. If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.
====================================

Please do NOT send messages that ask "Please post to the list" or "I'd like to see your answers" or "Send that info to me, too" These are useless messages that just waste the email server's resources. Instead, email the original requester and ask that they send you or post the results of their question.

You can locate the:
1) meditech-l archives
2) NPR/Magic/CS tips
3) job opportunities in the Meditech community
http://mtusers.net

Do NOT send email to meditech...@MTUsers.com. This is a system email box that is NOT monitored by a human. If you need help or advice on how to use the meditech-l, email lo...@MTUsers.com or ju...@MTUsers.net. Both of these people help manage the meditech-l, so they are your best resource.

Paul Goedicke

Apr 14, 2011, 7:59:11 PM4/14/11
to Paul Goedicke, medit...@mtusers.com
We have similar issue happened at our Vitros 5600 interface and took us awhile to figure out the exact culprit. What happened to us was Meditech was erring out for a large order where one specimen# contains multiple tests (I forgot the exact number, I think its about 20). The programmer made the change for us and seemed to resolved the problem. The task is LAB #6984852.

Here are some details of the original task:

----------
Huynh,Anh-Vu (MEDITECH) - Oct 29, 2010 - 1023 EDT: Hi Ben, I got a chance to review the trace log and I noticed a few issues. The specimen that Dan mentions above, 1028:C649R (182739), is being rejected by the analyzer when Meditech tries to download. This in turn causes the frame numbering to be off for all subsequent downloads and thus causes the analyzer to reject those downloads. The interface then must be restarted so all the variables initialize and the frame numbers reset. The other specimen that caused this issue last night was 1028:C638R (182739). It appears the same tests were ordered for these two specimens. After a quick glance, the issue might be the length of the download is too long, but I will have to look into this more. Thanks.

What is occuring is that when a transmission is rejected by the analyzer, theinterface is not resetting the frame number causing all subsequent downloads toerror. A change can be made to the interface to correct this issue, however theissue will still need to be reproduced in TEST to test out this change.
------

Ben
| Medical Technologist I | Overlake Hospital Medical Center | Tel: 425-688-5060  |  Fax: 425-467-3352 |

Apr 15, 2011, 8:03:13 AM4/15/11
to Benjamin Chan, medit...@mtusers.com
Thanks, Ben. You may have saved my bacon on a Friday ;)
This sounds exactly what we are seeing - interface seems to work fine until we get a patient with a CMP, Lipid & other tests, then we get the frame errors and communication fails for about 75-80% of specimens after that. I'm glad it should be something we can resolve relatively easily.
Have a great weekend!

Peyjam, Fariborz