[MT-L] 5.66 Update

Tausha Garretson

Sep 18, 2013, 10:51:09 AM9/18/13
to medit...@mtusers.com

We are currently c/s 5.64 taking the 5.66 update in November.

I was wondering if anyone out there has already taken the update and can give me some advice on what new functionality to concentrate on to educate our Doctors and nurses.

There are so many new functions and I don’t want to overlook anything pertinent.

Thanks

Tausha Garretson

Clinical System Analyst

Windber Medical Center

tgarr...@windbercare.org

814-467-3776

This electronic transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies, as use of this information is strictly prohibited.

Pat Mulberger

Sep 18, 2013, 11:54:45 AM9/18/13
to Tausha Garretson, medit...@mtusers.com

The functions we concentrated on had to do with the fact that we are also going LIVE with CPOE and pDOC so it may not be relevant to you but here are the things that I think were 5.66 related……

Entering Family History

Entering Immunization History

Receiving Messages and Sending Messages to providers

Changes to Discharge Process

Changes to Documentation Spreadsheet (use of keyboard versus mouse)

Today and Now Button Available for Frequency Changes and in eMAR

Resuscitation Ordering

Patricia Korolog Mulberger MSN, RN-BC

Clinical Informatics Quality Supervisor

Kalispell Regional Healthcare

e-mail: pmulb...@krmc.org

1-406-212-1160

Chase, Margaret

Sep 18, 2013, 11:32:33 AM9/18/13
to Tausha Garretson, medit...@mtusers.com

For nursing—you will have changes because for being in 5.64 to 5.66. We just went from 5.65 CS to 5.66 CS. We held off on some of the new functionality—like the new core measure status boards—because we had a very short time window to test and had to concentrate on what the changes were for current functionality.

Make sure you have them check your toolbox parameters when they do your live ring copy—somehow some of ours did not copy.

Are you using things like the new IV spreadsheet—if not that is a new training issue for nurses. Placing orders is simplified, building your status board list of patients is simplified.

Margaret

We are currently c/s 5.64 taking the 5.66 update in November.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: