Is it possible to download on the ext sdcard?

Luca Bresciani

Oct 16, 2012, 4:14:14 PM10/16/12
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, when I try to change the default download folder,  for example to /mnt/extSdCard/whatever, the app creates a folder called /mnt/sdcard/mnt/extSdCard/whatever.
I'd like to know if it would be possible to save downloads on external sdcard
Thanks

media house

Oct 16, 2012, 4:33:01 PM10/16/12
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I you have an SD Card installed your downloads should be getting stored to the SDCard "By Default".
/mnt/sdcard/ is a system generated folder that specifies the storage area of your Sd Card. You don't have to explicitly say that. Just give your folder name "foo/bar" and that should go under mnt/sdcard/foo/bar

For more technical explanation:
Under the hood application uses the Android OS API: getExternalStorage(). This api is supposed to return you the location of external storage i.e. "mnt/sdcard" (if device has an sd card installed and correctly mounted).

heatpipe

Dec 7, 2012, 4:54:38 PM12/7/12
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Diwakar,

I'm having the same issue as the OP.  On my Galaxy Note 2, the download folder is created as a subdirectory of /storage/sdcard0 (i.e. the same target as /mnt/sdcard/).  However, the external 64GB SDXC card I've added is located at /mnt/extSdCard/.  So I think the OP's and my question is...is it possible to re-locate the download folder to /mnt/extSdCard/?  Otherwise it's a fantastic product!

Thanks
heatpipe

media house

Dec 8, 2012, 9:00:43 AM12/8/12
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In devices with considerable internal storage 8GB and above, it seems that the Android recommended implementation is always going to inyernal phone storage. I'm in the process expanding the api to identify different mnts. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks
Diwakar

Martin Foster

Nov 16, 2015, 9:52:38 AM11/16/15
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
I have an external drive attached to my android device. This shows as "udisk0"  However the correct path to set in Mediahouse is: mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/usbdisk0   This successfully transfers files to the external drive.

James Casey

Oct 20, 2016, 11:17:45 PM10/20/16
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Hi, i have a usb stick for the tablet & i need the app to recognise it.
I tried the above method but its still tied to the internal storage which isnt big enough for my downloads.

Is there a way to get the app to recognize the usb so i can download directly on it?