Directions on manual scan for movie posters, please?

Eivind Sivertsen

Feb 19, 2015, 3:39:33 PM2/19/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Question about auto scanning for movie posters (only 1 out of 60+ found):
- Does the auto scan have intelligence to also scan folder titles, provided there's e.g. only 1 subfolder level w/video files in it?
- Are there any particular guidelines to follow when naming movie folders, to make the auto scan more successful?

Thanks + cheers!

Nick Thompson

Feb 22, 2015, 5:18:47 PM2/22/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm not 100% sure yet, but it appears to go by filename of the movie file itself.  As far as extras (ie DVD extras) that are in subfolders of the movie folder, I noticed that those are ignored.

It does NOT use the thumbnail images provided by your DLNA server.  (I noticed that AllCast app on Android DOES use the thumbnails provided by the DLNA server)

Stephen R

Apr 21, 2015, 7:04:08 PM4/21/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com

I name my files as the movie name with the year in parentheses eg. Iron Man (2008) , although it doesn't seem to parse the year. It will scan the folder titles as a movie, and it will look as such in the file list.