Fwd: Media House crash v 1.5.1.1

Ben Gamble

Feb 7, 2017, 3:15:52 AM2/7/17
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com

Following my review of the media House app, after v.1.5.1 crashed immediately on startup, and then that the "fixed" version 1.5.1.1 was still cashing, I think I have identified where the issue is.

When I switched to the Now Playing screen, it crashes pretty consistently. But only when:
- There is no Album Art to display, i.e. the track playing has no album art, and
- The Color Settings have the "Colorify Now Playing" option checked (which is the default).

I suspect that if there is no album art associated with the track being played, you get a NULL pointer to the album art (which doesn't exist), and then attempt to "colorify" that non-existent album art, and ... crash!

Coding 101: check that pointers/references to objects exist and are valid before attempting any operation on them.

Ben

Diwakar Bhatia

Feb 7, 2017, 7:25:01 AM2/7/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Looks like I'm talking to a developer :) You are very close on the issue. When there is no artwork that is when the problem happens. The problem isn't about a null pointer but more to do with how android stores the default resources which I try to show and use for colors when artwork isn't present.

I have fixed it now but not released the new version to production. Its on google play store in alpha mode, if you want access to it let me know your gmail and I'll add you to alpha releases.

Thanks,
Diwakar

Diwakar Bhatia

Feb 7, 2017, 12:26:22 PM2/7/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Hi Ben,

I'm inviting you to the Beta program, where you can play with the latest MediaHouse releases.
This link will allow you download an unreleased version of MediaHouse app

Diwakar Bhatia

Feb 9, 2017, 12:57:35 PM2/9/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Hi Ben,

1.5.2 has been released for general consumption. Earlier I had invited you to the beta program as well.
Anyways, if you could try your issue now and see if it is fixed. If so please update your 1 star rating :)

Thanks,
Diwakar